I met a very cute old lady neighbor today. Her name is Ivy Hepner, and she is a widow who shares a back gate with us. I was playing baseball in the backyard with the boys- well, yelling at Benjamin to keep his back elbow up as he got ready to swing anyway- and she came by and asked if I could help her with something heavy. It was an $8 computer monitor from DI. Her other one had stopped working and she likes to play solitaire on it. So I carried it in from her, and hooked up the cords because it seemed that it migth be a little confusing to her. The Windows '95 system started up and she was glad.
Later she came by as I was reading a Contracts Law outline on a folding chair back there and gave me a plastic bag of food and a box of chocolates that she had homemade with a ribbon on it. We talked for a little while, and she explained how it is mostly widows and old men with bad backs on her block and she was so concerned that she wouldn't know what to do.
This Historic Sandy part of town that I am in is full of cute old people in old houses who came here a long time ago when it was "country" and not expensive, it is kind of neat actually.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment