Monday, May 21, 2007


We had a wonderful weekend. On Friday afternoon we took the boys to Jordan Commons to see 'Shrek 3', which was the worst thing to make hundreds of millions of dollars since 'Shrek 2'. (In the history of the world, 2 movies- Titanic & Star Wars- made more than Shrek 2. That is a fact).

Kyra babysat for us and Brittany and I went out to eat at Iggy's, which was cool because the NBA playoffs were on the jumbotron, which is almost as big as my TV in our living room.

Then we went to the Rock on Demand laser light show at the Clark Planetarium, which was pretty cool. And I got a real telescope for my birthday, which isn't for 4 weeks, but oh well. It is far superior to the useless Toys r Us one we wasted Christmas money on for the kids.

Anyway, late Friday night, as Brittany drove Kyra home, I spent an hour or so on the 15 minute assembly (I am me of course), and I put in the 'Starry Night Orion Special Edition software' which came with it, and I was amazed. At 1 AM I had all the coordinates in on the computer, and I went out and easily found Jupiter- the storms and the Great Red Spot- and the 4 moons.

On Saturday morning we took the boys to the Hogle Zoo for a few hours and then swimming at the outdoor swimming pool at our gym.

That night I saw Saturn and the rings and some of its moons, Venus, and enormous amounts of detail on the Moon.

The telescope I have (8 inch aperture, reflector, if ever you are looking to buy talk to me) is capable of showing some galaxies and nebulas and stuff. We definitely will go camping and get high up in the dark and see plenty this Summer. I may try to go down to the Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival in June, that is supposed to be one of the best places on Earth to see the stars as an amateur with a telescope.

No comments:

You Have to Watch This!

And This

Not Bad Either

This is Cute