




We went to the opening night Orem Owls game against the Ogden Raptors on my birthday. There were fireworks after. It was nice.
It is Rookie league, so they are mainly kids who were in high school 2 months earlier and just got drafted in the 125th round. I thought I could hit them, looking at them, but not so much when I sat alongside the bullpen and watched them throw.Further, Mom and Dad came by Saturday after they went to 'Les Miserables' at Pioneer Theatre on Saturday- which was our 5 birds with 1 stone present to them (2 birthdays, 2 parent's days, 1 anniversary). Dad and I played a little baseball with the kids. A little while later I couldn't move my arm. I was a Putcher and a QB for 2 years, and I know what a sore arm is, that wasn't it. Past Midnight when my arm hurt too much to sleep in ANY position I went up the street to the ER, and had a torn bicep AND tricep, somehow. I got on pain pills at 4:30 AM, instantly I could do whatever I wanted with my arm, which was weird. At 10 AM I took another narcotic pain pill, and Brittany thought I was way too high and drugged up and acting stoned to go to Church. I lied in bed and read a 'From Quarks to Cosmos' book and had all sorts of on-acid like thoughts, about whether shadows had shadows, about whether the pre-big bang universe in a dot was warm enough to roast a marshmallow on from 100 miles away, about how electrons think they are better than all the other leptons just because they are famous, etc. It was pretty cool actually.

1 comment:
Sounds fun - the baseball game more so than the drug induced haze.
Post a Comment