Friday, December 28, 2007

Riding their little scooter things that Santa brought them, with some cousins, on Christmas Eve. Opening presents Christmas morning and playing golf on the new Nintendo Wii, and having lunch in Marina Del Rey before we went to see 'Enchanted', which- although girley, they liked, but won't admit it.
On Christmas we got together with some friends and family at a house in Montebello. On the 26th Britt and I took the kids to the Glendale Mall and got some lunch and some books and we all went and got haircuts. That night was 'Wicked' in Hollywood. On the 27th Jim tried to take us to Disneyland, but it was sold out, so we went to the movies and enjoyed a nice long sunset walking on the beach.
Today I woke up at 4:30, we left at 5, and in 9.75 hours we were home, 710 miles door to door. Cruising at 85 and stopping only twice is the way to finish a 2440 mile 8 day Christmas trek.





2 comments:

Utahdoula said...

Ah, the Glendale Galleria. First (and only) place I've ever truly lost my car in the parking garage....

timdonaldson said...

Southern California has this remarkable ability to make a fun thing hell. Like going to rent a movie, that was always a 45 minute traffic hassle and fight for scarce parking spots.
That day we went to In & Out Burger on Brand Ave there and when we finally had our food there was no where to sit, and we held our trays and waited for a spot, and scrambled against 30 other people for every available one... that's why when I went to Texas I found it to be a land of milk and honey, a land flowing with wide open parking lots

You Have to Watch This!

And This

Not Bad Either

This is Cute