
The boys' Ridgeline Elementary had a real moment of fame yesterday. Brittany picked up Benjamin, Grant, and a neighborhood girl at 3:30, and a block or two later a fierce hurricane of snow hit. 10 school buses got stuck full of kids, many of them for 6 hours. The winds hit 70 MPH, never relenting to less than about 40. Roads got closed all around her. They couldn't see almost anything, they couldn't move anywhere, they couldn't even go out and go to the bathroom.
The ironic thing is, none of this was on the mountain. This was all down on SR 92, which is the road which Thanksgiving Point is on, the first 15 exit south of Point of the Mountain, and which goes across northern Utah County and eventually up to the Timpanogos caves, basically the same elevation as everything else on the valley floor here.
I went to my boss' house around 123rd and 13th in Draper, and Brittany wasn't able to make it around the Point of the Mountain there to me until 11. I wanted to borrow her car and go get them, but the roads were all closed, so I couldn't have got there anyway.
100 people ended up spending the night at Ridgeline Elementary, and were still there this morning.

2 comments:
Fame? I'd call it infamy! So glad everyone is home safely.
I first visited your blog, but my antispyware said that he is infected with an unknown virus.
I deleted the virus through this AntiSpyWare.
The virus does not manifest itself but gradually destroys information on the computer.
Post a Comment