Short Creek
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go by Short Creek; aka Colorado City, Arizona, and Hilldale, Utah. The 8000 people who live in the isolated area are #1 in the world in severe-mental-retardation-causing fumarese deficiency, due to cousin marriage. I didn't see Waren Jeffs, he is in jail. Most of the homes, if you can call them that, in this place of a "law student like" $5000 per capita annual income, were trailers circled together. All were a few thousand feet back of the main road, Hwy 389, off dirt paths, with old pickup trucks all over.
The town was quite empty when we were there. That night I found that it was because they were in St. George appluading our AG Mark Shurtleff. Shurtleff (vote for my coworker Jean Hill for AG in November!) is suggesting Texas send the abused and removed kids from the El Dorado Ranch to their relatives in Short Creek, so that they can be raised in a healthy environment there. BRILLIANT!







No comments:
Post a Comment