Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Democratic Convention, Day 1
I didn't expect too much from a Convention, but even that was too much. Somehow I don't remember them being quite such syrupy commercials of obvious progaganda and no merit beyond that.
I mean, how about the music? After Ted Kennedy did what he could, they play these songs that are so ridiculous- it is so obvious they are trying to persuade you to something.
Poor Michelle looked very uncomfortable, like she didn't want to be up there. She did what she could- and on paper it would look fine. But she took some powerful and meaningful personal stories and it just became a packaged rehearsed sales job.
And the little "Good night, Daddy" routine with all the canned lines from his daughters and all- I mean, come on. We think you are stupid, says Day 1, really stupid. Forget policy. We are here to tell you about an ice cream cone, a fat spoiled Kennedy grandkid on a yacht, and Malia's bedtime.

No comments:

You Have to Watch This!

And This

Not Bad Either

This is Cute