Monday, July 30, 2007
I took a couple days paid vacation- a first for me, I could get used to it- and we left Friday morning for a 4 day trip down to Galveston for the Simms Family Reunion. This is Grant eating breakfast at the airport and us settling into the plane- a phobia conquered for me. I read 240 pages of a Bill Clinton biography on the way down and a lot of Bria Greene's 'Fabric of the Cosmos' on the way back- which was appropriate in thinking about how you feel like you are falling when you lift off and gain altitude, and you feel almost like you are floating when the plane comes in and lands, counterintutive but true. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like you flew JetBlue, eh?
Nope, that was Continental, the smaller blanes are a lot less bumpy, and Continental flies fast, which I appreciate
Post a Comment