



- Summer Movies
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Fantastic. All the critics who say it is just so-so are dead wrong. I have never seen an Indiana Jones movie on the big screen, but obviously movie theaters are made for them. The scenery in Peru is awesome, the running through caves spooked by some X-Filish plot that no one can follow? So much fun. Harrison Ford being so cool that he can wink at the camera one second and save the world from massive and epic evil the next? Yeah
Iron Man: I know, I know, it looks quite stupid. It looks corny. And you can't imagine Robert Downey Jr. being a likeable superhero. But after 46 of 46 critics were raving about it, and it spent 2 weeks on top at the box office, we gave it a chance, and it is great mindless fun. We have ISlamic radicals as villains for once! Top notch special effects and music put together by 15 year olds? Even Brittany thought it was loads of fun.
Prince Caspian: Disappointing. Missable. Pointless really, everything good was in the first one. Some fun scenes, some remembrances of the glory of the original, but I want to read the book to see if there was some purpose to this installment not there.
And Caspian is a useless mimbo, standing there with some weird accent and brushing his hair the whole time practically- and it ends with some Hillary Duff's 16th birthday on Noggin type bubble gum romance- dumb.
The Dark Knight: I have very high hopes for this. Heath Ledger's spin on the Joker looks even darker than Nicholsen's was, and Batman Begins really set a high bar for the new series here.

No comments:
Post a Comment