
The Best is Gone
I am very sad to hear that Tim Russert died today, just 58. He was, in my opinion, the best journalist today. I would have said so had you asked me yesterday. Thanks to DVR, I have watched his Meet the Press hour-long show every week for over a year now. He was so good at making a difficult interview for a politician- at playing clips from 6 months previous when the candidate had said exactly the opposite of what he or she was saying now, that kind of thing.
No one else’s voice will possibly sound right when the prelude music of Meet the Press is playing and they say “Our issues this Sunday…” The state of journalism is in trouble in America already- serious trouble. Look at how the Deseret News just announced they are no longer going to be a newspaper, but some sort of Mormon specialty thing in the direction of Church News.
I will miss him.
No one else’s voice will possibly sound right when the prelude music of Meet the Press is playing and they say “Our issues this Sunday…” The state of journalism is in trouble in America already- serious trouble. Look at how the Deseret News just announced they are no longer going to be a newspaper, but some sort of Mormon specialty thing in the direction of Church News.
I will miss him.

No comments:
Post a Comment