Eagle Mountain, Our New Home
So 6 weeks ago, we moved. Our California investor landlords were in the process of losing their shirts on their property flipping schemes, and asked us to leave a little early so they could try to sell this Summer. Then they went and asked $335K for it, when it needs $15K in landscaping/sprinklers/retaining walls and so forth done on it still, and it is going to sit there. They lowered it to $325K since, but it will still sit there. If they don't sell by early Fall, they can forget selling up there until next Spring.
But, back to us, we moved to a smaller, cheaper, flatter, simpler, AND INCREDIBLY HUMBLER neighborhood in Eagle Mountain, about 5 miles west of Lehi and American Fork
We of course took the best cat in the history of felines with us
This is the only picture of the interior which will post until we clean. The house is, uh, 2186 square feet, which I actually like way more than the old 3212 square feet. Honestly, seriously, we downsized by a little over 1000 square feet and are happy about it. Truly. The basement here is unfinished, or else it would be like 3800 square feet, but I'm glad. It is homier, it is easier to keep clean, it is connected. It is nice. I think we are better able to host people for big dinners or game nights or whatever, because the kitchen/ living room/ dining area all interconnect and are very open.
This picture is of the back yard. The Ranches Golf Course surrounds our neighborhood, which is "Highlands on the Green." I took this picture from my dining room table. We love the green, being native Californians/ Texans who miss the green sometimes in Utah.
This is the back of the house. I love the double doors going out to the green, and the fact that the whole house is oriented to the back windows- except maybe the little loft upstairs- which is the kids Wii room within which they spend 15 hours per day.
The front of our house. Most of the neighbors have bigger houses with more they have to take care of. Ha ha.
Looking down the street, it is a 98.5% active LDS neighborhood, by my scientific estimate. And I like it, a lot.
The playground and pool are a 45 second walk away, love it

2 comments:
Your new home is so beautiful! And is that Arthur? I can't believe how big he is! We miss you guys!
Yep, it is Arthur. He has become a fatty
Post a Comment